We all know photos and videos are important for winning over potential clients, but don’t forget about another essential piece of the puzzle: your profile description.
Your profile description tells potential clients what you do, who you are, and what makes you special! Be sure to start off strong as the beginning portion of your profile’s description appears in search results.
To help you make the most of your description we came up with these 5 Profile Description Tips:
1. Describe what you do. This may sound obvious, but it's worth reiterating! Describe what type of entertainment or service you specialize in, as well as what clients can expect from you if they were to hire you.
2. Don't be modest. Let’s hear about your accomplishments. Tell us about awards, notable past gigs, and even recent client reviews - don’t be afraid to name-drop! This will stand out to potential clients.
3. Keep it short and sweet. Make sure that your bio isn't too long, but has enough detail to fully explain what you do and why you are so great at it. We see profile descriptions that are 1900 characters work best for our top bookers!
4. Avoid the grammar police. IT'S FUN TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS, but that can make you look very unprofessional. Ask a friend or colleague to read it over, and remember to use spellcheck and write in complete sentences!
5. Be passionate. Express how much you enjoy what you do professionally, and let potential clients know why you love working in the live event business! Clients will be able to feel your excitement and passion for what you do through your description.