Once you hear from a client that you have been hired for their gig, it is time to confirm the booking through your GigMasters Control Panel. While clients also have a Control Panel where they can confirm the booking, you will want to familiarize yourself with the process on both ends so that you can be sure that you get credit for every booking.
Confirming Bookings on GigMasters
It is important to confirm every booking so that you can boost your ranking on GigMasters and be eligible for the client to leave you a review after the event. Your booking dollars in the past 6 months is one of the factors that determines your search results ranking on GigMasters.
To confirm a booking, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Control Panel and go to your Leads tab.
- Locate the gig by entering the Gig ID# into the 'Search by Gig ID number' box and click 'View.'
- Click the Gig ID#.
- Click the 'Book Now' button for the gig.
- Select the correct payment options and then click the 'Confirm Booking' button.
Once the gig is confirmed, GigMasters will charge you a 5% booking fee ($20 minimum). Remember, if you're set up with GigPay, you'll have the option for the booking fee to be taken directly out of the client's deposit.
Adding Outside Bookings to GigMasters
If you get a booking outside of GigMasters, you can add it to your Gig Calendar and receive credit for it as you would any other GigMasters booking. This feature is especially helpful for new members who are looking to get their first booking and review! Plus, reporting bookings in this way gives your clients access to key GigMasters features (like online payments) and the peace of mind that comes with our booking guarantee.
To add an outside booking to GigMasters, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Control Panel and go to your Gig Calendar.
- Click the 'Add Gig/Blackout Dates' link.
- Select the first option 'I'd like to initiate a GigMasters booking...'
- Enter all details about client, the event, and your service information. Please note: You can only add an event that has a future date or an event that has occurred within the past 30 days.
- Click the 'Book and Pay Fee' button. You will be charged the 5% booking fee (minimum $20) and you'll receive credit towards your booking dollars and star rating should the client leave you a review.
Generating a Contract
Because every GigMasters member has their own booking requirements, it is important that you are up front with your clients. Be sure to inform them of any and all conditions of your performance during the negotiation process. While it is not a requirement, we always recommend the use of a written contract when entering a booking agreement. Using a contract is the best way to ensure that all details are agreed upon by both sides, protecting both the client and performer from future disagreements.
Once a booking has occurred you will have the option of generating an online contract through GigMasters. You are under no obligation to use this contract. If you do chose to use it, it is your responsibility to get the contract to your client and make sure you receive a signed copy in return. This can be done by printing a copy or creating and emailing a PDF version.
It is also important to know that GigMasters is not able to enforce what is written in your performance contracts. If a disagreement occurs and you cannot reach an agreement with a client, you will have to use your local court system to resolve the dispute.
To create a GigMasters contract, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Control Panel and go to your Leads tab.
- Go into the folder where the gig is located.
- Click the 'Generate Contract' button under the 'Hired' column.
- You will be brought to a page where you will need to answer a series of questions relating to the booking.
- Press the 'Save Contract' button.
Once saved, you'll have the ability to print or save the contract into a PDF file.
GigMasters Cancellation Policies
Our User Agreement was designed to protect GigMasters, our performers and our clients in a fair way. You are expected to honor all event obligations. At the same time, we understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances do arise. For this reason it is important that you familiarize yourself with our cancelation policies ahead of time.
Our event cancellation procedures are listed in section 9.0 of our User Agreement and the basics are covered below:
- Canceling a Booking: Always inform both your client and GigMasters as soon as possible whenever you have to cancel a booking. Once notified of a cancellation, GigMasters tries to help the client find a replacement. The sooner you let us know, the more likely we'll be able find one, preventing an unpleasant outcome.
- Canceling a Booking More Than 14 Days Prior to an Event: If you are canceling an event more than 14 days prior to the event date, we will refund your booking fee and the client will not be able to leave feedback. You'll face no further action from GigMasters.
- Cancelling a Booking within 14 Days of an Event: If you are canceling an event within 14 days of the event date, GigMasters reserves the right to issue a 'No Show' penalty - meaning the GigMasters member who canceled will forfeit their booking fee and will remain eligible for client feedback. The member will also be eligible to receive a Warning, Strike or termination of their GigMasters membership.
- Exceptions: If the client confirms the booking within 14 days of the event date, the member has 24 hours after the time of booking to notify GigMasters through email or phone that they are unavailable. After 24 hours the gig is considered booked and the member is expected to fulfill the agreement.=
If the client confirms the booking within 14 days of the event date and the member notifies us of the cancellation more than 24 hours after the confirmation, the performer will fall into the same 'No Show' stipulation as above.
Good luck, and remember, you can contact us any time with questions around confirming your bookings!
Learn how you can qualify for and earn GigMasters Awards and Badges based on your response time, number of client reviews, annual booking dollars, and more!